Thursday, May 3, 2012

Slacker on duty!

Good Evening everybody!
I forgot to post this at the end of March, so here it is now....
Boy, have I been a slacker lately. Here it is the end of March and my last post was the end of February.... this year is just marching right along.
Here is the latest quilt I made for a co-worker baby shower.


The pattern is one of Kaye's of course! With a different twist from me. I fussy cut each center and of course I just had to run out of some of my fabrics.... math just wasn't working for me that day.

This past month I have managed to get all of the star points done for my star quilt. I have not posted a picture yet because I want it to be a surprise when I do. I think it is very dramatic looking. 
Another thing that I have started doing is going through our video tapes. What a hoot that is! We did a video with the kids on a trip to Gettysburg some years ago. Bratty kids anyways! 
Tonight I re-arranged my closet in my room. I need to go through some of my fabrics and get rid of some yardage. I just need to get it all in one place before I start the sorting. I have lots of clothing fabric and grand plans on things I always wanted to make. My daughter can attest to that because there were things that I started for her many years ago that never got finished and some patterns were never used. 
I have started swapping with my quilt friends online again. We did some embroidery blocks and this last swap was of 30's fabric and blocks. I have gotten some really nice blocks so far and I have a couple yet to get to me. I have yet to decide what I am going to make with mine, but I think these will be made into a quilt or throw just for me. I will put them all on my design wall and get a pic after I receive all of them.

Happy Quilting, Sharon 
 "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment