Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happy Cinco de Mayo!


Lots of celebrating going on around here on this day every year. Carl & I celebrated by watching Star Wars movies.... Yesterday was Star Wars day, but we were busy getting other things done and didn't have time to watch them .

Today I managed to get one of my 'to do's' done, or at least tried out. I've wanted a light box to photograph my stuff I sell on Artfire for some time and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one. I really hate the glare and want to get better photos of my 'stuff'. Well, I found a link to make one the cheap way and I tried it. Works ok, but I think I need better light bulbs for it to work right. I shall try some of the other bulbs I have hanging around here before I go out and buy new ones. I have 1/2 of the pics cropped and watermarked so I need to finish that and then I can figure out the weight and price for each item, then the final step is to get them uploaded on Artfire.  I do fine with making lots of 'stuff' to put on Artfire, but it is the rest of the process that is a pain....

Did you all see the moon tonight? Boy, was that bright and beautiful! Tonight the moon was suppose to be the closest to the earth. 

Here it is last night. The sky was very clear. Check out the detail.

 Here it is tonight with cloud cover. 

 Here is just the moon without the house. 

I am so thankful for all of the beauty that surrounds me. I try and capture these moments as they come. Like the saying goes, 'Stop and smell the roses' because you never know when you will get the another chance.  
Until next time, 

Happy Quilting, Sharon 
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" 
Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment