Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day 2012

How is everybody's day going? Having cook outs? Just chillin'? Traveling? Me, I am sitting at home in front of my computer talking to all of you!  In years gone by, my mother would start planning the flowers we took to the cemeteries a couple weeks before Memorial weekend. Then one day over the holiday we would load the car up with all the urns and visit all of our family. We went to the Venice  cemetery where mom's parents were buried and Auburn cemetery where my 1/2 brother was buried. Sometimes we went to the Genoa cemetery where other family was buried. If I was still in NY I would be doing the same thing on this holiday. 

Today is a beautiful day here. Just enough heat to go with the breeze to make it nice outside. Yesterday was nice too. Not sure when the 100 degree temperature will be here to stay. Maybe my sister needs to come visit! Every time she visits we get the hot weather and it doesn't go away..... LOL!

Today is the last day of my vacation. Last week we traveled through 4 states and visited 3 of our 5 kids and their families. We had fun, but as usual we were glad to be home. I have tons of pictures and I will get them downloaded and posted sometime this week.  For now I am off to see what trouble I can get into in my sewing room. 


Happy Quilting, Sharon 
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" 
Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment