Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good evening everyone!! I have been trying to get on over here to post happenings, but like always things get in the way..... I also have figured out how to get my pictures where I want them to be! See, even an old lady like me can learn new tricks!!

The biggest news is that Carl goes back to work on light duty starting tomorrow. He isn't able to lift anything over 25 pounds so he will be staying in the office and going to meetings to fill out his time. I finally figured out how to download a photo of him while he was in CCU which started on my phone. This is a couple days after his surgery and was really looking pretty good. He still had lots to tubes hanging around.... This was either April 24th or 25th.

Here he is the first day of our visit from Spencer & his family on the 9th of May. He doesn't look like he had major heart surgery 2 1/2 weeks before this picture, does he?

He still gets tired, but that has been getting better. He is walking all over the place again to get his stamina up. I told him the other day that I was going to have to have major surgery just to be able to keep up with him. Neither one of us realized how slow we were getting. I just thought it was age getting the best of us. He just thought it was his weight and that is why he started on a diet. As of today he has lost about 95 pounds and wants to loose a few more. I am going to have to make up some new patterns and get busy at the sewing machine just so he can have something to cover his bare butt!!!

I have finally gotten my quilting bug back. Just before Carl's surgery I didn't have any ideas or projects going and it has taken some time for me to return to the sewing/quilting room. I finished a project for a friend's birthday and started one for myself. After I am able to give Lynne her present I'll post pics. I don't want to spoil her surprise!!! I even managed to get my sewing room picked up and blocks done for my swaps.

This is the block I made for 3 Sisters Christmas Sampler Swap:


This is for Rebecca and we have swapped several times before so I have to keep coming up with different blocks. While I was looking for fabric for this one I realized I needed to restock my Christmas fabric. What a challenge that will be..... :)




Here are the blocks for the 3 Sisters Tennessee Block swap:

These were sent to Betty H. and Janet H. Eventually I am going to have a king sized quilt made with these blocks. I needed to have several different 5 inch squares of fabric to do this quilt. My dear friends at Quilt In A Day (AKA: QIAD) came through for me. We did a swap of 'nickles' (5 inch square pieces of fabric) and I now have lots and lots of different fabrics to make this a truly scrappy quilt.


This block is a 'Send Along , Sew Along Swap' on QIAD. This one we swap one block with a partner every 2 weeks. My first block went to my pal, Beth, from the Secret Santa we did at Christmas time last year. She loves Asian prints and her favorite colors are red and yellow. I couldn't find the red or yellow fabric I had in mind, but this material really jumped out at me.


The second block I made for this swap is for Jean. She is a newer member of the 'El's Angels' and I have not swapped with her before. This is going to be a treat! I just love getting quilt blocks from around the world.

I suppose I need to get to bed. I get so involved when I am on this computer that time just seems to fly right on by. I am just glad I was able to figure out how to move my pictures and do a little search here and find some interesting features. Keep tuned as I may play some more with my format!!

Happy Quilting,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment