Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Busy Life


Yippee!! I spent a grand afternoon with Lynne and she received her birthday surpise. Here is the picture.... I really like this pattern and am making one for myself, but it is going to be in browns instead of greens. I am putting different borders and blocks than in this one.

It's only 4 days until we climb aboard the plane for our trip to NY and it's only a week until Julie and Jim get married. I just hope it stops raining out there so we don't all get water logged.

I have been slowly getting things together that I needed for the trip. I bought my outfit a couple weeks ago and I got my nails done yesterday. I forgot how much I really like having fancy nails!!!

Now, I just need to find a job so I can afford to keep them. My job taking care of Judy ended on June 18th when she was moved to a group home. After Carl's visit to the hospital we decided that we needed to be able to do a few more things and go see family more than we were able to do with Judy here. I am going to go back into Hospice nursing, which I love. I know one outfit that has offered me a job without an interview, but am not sure if I want to go there. It is a new outfit and I'm not sure if I really want to be involved with the 'ground breaking' work that is needed to get a Hospice up and running. The other side of the coin is that I know most of the nurses that work there and that is why I have been offered a job. I'll make that decision when we get back from NY.

I have cleaned carpets and moved things around in the house this past week and then this week all I have done is go running around. Last Saturday Carl & I went to estate/garage sales, Sunday was church, Monday was shoe shopping, Post office run and lunch with Carl, Tuesday was nails and visit Judy, Wednesday was lunch with Lynne, Thursday is going to Janice's to help her figure out her embroidery machines and Friday is a 'need to stay home day'. I wonder how I managed to get my house mostly rearranged, kitchen table cleaned off, kitchen counter cleaned off so we can sit at the bar or table to eat and all of the other sorting and cleaning I have accomplished. We have also managed a walk most every night. Last night we even went out after dark and got an ice cream cone...together!!! It is almost like when we sold the house in Groton and we didn't have any kids at home anymore. I am looking for more fun times together, even the simple things.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon
www.coyotequilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment