Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good Evening everyone!


I sure can't believe it is almost Easter! It is amazing that the folks in the north are getting snow still and we have had really mild weather. Yeah, we hit the 100 mark on April 1st, but it hasn't stuck around. Usually by this time we have the air conditioner cranked up, but we have had windows and doors open at night and only have had the air on a couple times in the late afternoon-early evening. For some time I have wanted to buy a Singer Featherweight sewing machine. For those that know what these little gems are you know the sewers passion for them.  Here is a picture of my newest baby in it's new carry case. This little gem came without cord, bobbins, manual or attachments. It did have the bobbin case. Since I have collected all sorts of sewing 'things' for years I had all of the original attachments and manual. I had to buy a foot control, bobbins and carry case. I was going to buy a remake of the original black case until I came across this rolling craft tote . Well, Carl cleaned this new baby up a couple weeks ago, checked to make sure the electric was okay, oiled everything and found that we needed a new bulb. We picked up a new bulb at the local Ace Hardware yesterday and I sat down to play. Boy, does this baby purr!  The stitches are just beautiful! Now, I have a pretty baby to take to classes with me and it doesn't weigh a ton either!.

Here is the great rolling craft tote I found in Tuesday Morning for 1/2 of what I would have spent for the black carry case!


Yahoo! Now I am in business!

This is what I was looking for when I went to that estate sale last month. Nope, that wasn't a Featherweight, but a plastic kids toy machine. That's okay someone went home with it happy anyways. 

I'll see you all later! Have a Happy Easter.


Happy Quilting, Sharon 
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment