Wednesday, October 1, 2014

NaBloPoMo challenge!

Last week as I was reading my favorite group of blogs on BlogHer I noticed a challenge to post every day in October. Of course I had to sign up so that I could get my blogging back up to speed. The icon for you to sign up is in the right sidebar. It seems that the computer work always manages to be done last when in fact I needs it to be first. I have the bad habit of spending HOURS on the computer when I finally start working it. Just a simple blog post can take several hours because I go over it so many times before I hit the publish button. I get really discouraged with bad spelling and grammar in any post that I read and I have to do everything in my power to fix any of mine. I am not saying that there are some things that I go back and read on my blog that I don't say 'WHAT?!?!' to, but overall I am happy with every post I put on here. The other thing is, I like photos in posts. Not that every post I do has photos. That is usually because they are either 1) in the phone and I haven't transferred them yet or 2) I haven't gotten around to 'fix' them. As with most of my pictures posted here I try to put my watermark on them and of course you need to re-size and crop them. All of that takes time and when you just want to do a quick post it doesn't get done. 

For those that have not visited me I will give an overview of my blog. I started tabs so those that only wanted information on certain parts of my life would be able to go right to that part instead of scanning every post. 

'Life' is the first tab. This is the tab that opens when you click into Coyote Quilts on blogspot. This is where I post all of my everyday things such as kids, grandkids, birthdays, and general happenings in my 'life'.

'Quilting the Kaye Wood Way' classes tab has all my information on the quilting classes that I am certified to instruct from Kaye Wood. I have taken classes from Kaye since 2009 and this year I earned the 'Permanent Certified' certificate to teach each and every one of Kaye's patterns and rulers. I listed and linked all of Kaye's patterns for easy viewing with pictures of the quilts I completed and remembered to take pictures of. I would love to schedule a class with your group just contact me to discuss dates and times. 

'Quilting World' is where I try to post all of my quilting projects. Some of the posts and pictures are of quilt shows I have attended some are my projects for sale others are quilts I have made for family and friends. 

'My Spiritual Side' is all things related to my Christian beliefs as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. With the announcement that a temple was going to be built in North Phoenix, AZ and groundbreaking starting in 2011 I wanted to show the progress being made each week. Well, the weekly pictures soon went to monthly then not at all. I found it was very hard to make the time to go to the site each week and get my pictures especially after the outside was done and you couldn't see any changes other than equipment.  We moved from the Phoenix area last April and I have no pictures of the finished temple, but you can see it here. For those that always wondered what those 'Mormons' did in their temples and are in the Phoenix, AZ area now is your chance to visit one. There is an open house for general public to view this beautiful temple from October 10, 2014 through November 1, 2014. The tour is not limited to those that make an appointment. If you happen to be in the area of 51sth Ave and Pinnacle Peak and want a tour please stop. You can't believe how beautiful and peaceful this House of the Lord can be until you experience it yourself.

'Donations' is next in line. This is mostly for myself to know what and where I have donated. I would love to donate more, but as with everything else time just marches right on by. I have 2 places that I donate, the first is my time and talents to my church and the second is to hospice when I make quilts for the clients. 

'Tutorials' is up next even though there is only 1 tute there. When I did this tute I realized that there was a lot more work getting a tute together than I ever realized. I get so into my work that I forget to stop and take pictures each and every step then I end up having to make ANOTHER item....

'"Challenge"' was started to get my juices flowing to get projects done in a timely manner. I have a problem with procrastination and needed a little incentive. I at least got some stuff done that I wouldn't otherwise have accomplished that year. I need to do another one this year just to stay on track. 

'Vacations!' are up next. Yeah, this is where I try to post all of our vacations, even the little day trips we sometimes take. We have had some amazing discoveries with our little day trips. Here is one fun day that I really enjoyed. 

'Coyote Quilts on ArtFire' is a link to my ArtFire site. While I have been doing this post I have checked to make sure all my links are working correctly. When I first started writing this post the link was looking weird, but it has changed again in the last 15 minute, I didn't realize that it was going to be a complete overhaul of ArtFire (I know I received an e-mail about it a bit ago) and as with everything new I will have to get use to it. One thing that is really nice is that the pictures are HUGE now. You can see items a lot better without clicking through to the next page. The other changes are going to take time getting use to.

'Coyote Quilts on Facebook' is my link to my Facebook business page. Usually I manage to post more over there because I can just snap a pic on my phone and post. Only downfall with that is that I don't have my watermark on all of those pictures. If you are a Facebook fan click on over and 'Like' me!

In the right sidebar is multiple different icons  some with links embedded and others are just interesting information about me and my blog. So grab a cuppa' and check out my 'Life' and let me know what you think in a comment! 

To keep up to date with me fill in your email address in 'follow by email' box.

Thanks for visiting!

Until tomorrow,
Happy Quilting, Sharon 

Permanent "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" 
Certified Instructor since 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment