Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome to my portion of Around the World Blog Hop!

Holly invited me to be part of the 'Around the World Blog Hop' a week or so ago. I have been swapping pieces of fabric and blocks with Holly for several years. It is so fun to have friends all over the world that have the same passion as I do. Check out Holly's blog, FabricMom

1. What am I working on?
      Crocheting tops on kitchen towels, quilting quilt tops that I made and didn't finish, designing a quilt for a grandson in EQ6, making purse/pocketbooks, down sizing and making the 9-Patch pattern for baby doll quilts and spending time with my grand-daughters.

9-Patch baby quilt
Hanging Kitchen Towel

















Outside of purse
Inside and pockets


Baby Doll blanket

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
     I get the most pleasure working with traditional blocks. I am also a Permanent Certified 'Quilting the Kaye Wood Way' instructor so I use her techniques in my quilt construction. I also have stopped buying patterns and books except Kaye's. There are very few blocks I can't figure out how to construct.


 3. Why do I write/create what I do?
     I have been a crafter for years and always loved quilts. It wasn't until the rotary cutter was invented that I started quilting. I knew I would never finish a quilt if I had to cut all of those squares and triangles with scissors. 
     As far as writing goes I love sharing my tricks with others so they can complete their projects easily.


 4. How does my writing/creating process work?
      I always have a quilt idea in my mind and love to get ideas from things around me. The floors in different buildings and the designs along the roadways are both great places for me to find inspiration. I started my blog to share what is going on in my life with my family and friends.

I invited 2 bloggers to join us, but only one responded. Alina is another block swapper from the time I was swapping fabric and blocks ALL the time. Not only is she a great swapper, but she is a home schooling mom and professional quilter. You can find quilt patterns she has designed at Monkey See... Monkey Do. If you are interested in her quilting services check out Polta Dot Creations.

A couple blog sites I frequent are Smockity Frocks. This blog is about another home schooling mom and her life. I have been following her for years and love her wit and humor about life and having a large family. The other site I visit is BlogHer and if you go there you will find every type of blog that you can imagine.

Until next time,
Happy Quilting, Sharon Permanent "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2013

1 comment:

  1. Very nice article. You have been busy. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete