Friday, January 13, 2012

Good Evening Everyone~~~

How is everybody doing so far this month? I understand that Alaska has been hit real hard with lots and lots of snow.... and now it is in the lower 48. I feel for all of you that are getting all this white stuff. I continue to be thankful for the lack of such stuff here....

I can't believe that the first month of 2012 is close to 1/2 over.... The sad part of that is, I haven't gotten as much done around here as I had planned. Isn't that the way it usually goes? Just like resolutions, gone in the first week.

We are still loving our new 'digs'.... With so much room we often get lost :D.... The only thing we don't have here is a linen closet. I'm not sure yet how I am going to solve that problem. Right now I have a rack set up with some stuff on it, but it really doesn't look the best.... I'd really like a nice cupboard or medium sized dresser, but have been unable to find one that I really like. We also keep looking for a couch and love seat or sectional couch for the 'formal' living room. Everything we pick out is way to expensive. I can't believe that Salvation Army secondhand store wanted $500.00 for a sectional couch... That's not in my budget, thank you very much! One of our favorite secondhand stores had a 'going out of business' sign the last time we were there. I guess times are tough on all types of businesses. 

I have started cleaning out some stuff in my sewing room this week. Just trying to get everything organized so I can find things. Of course I made a trip to one of my favorite stores, Tuesday Morning, this past week. I have been good and not purchased any 'extra' fabrics for awhile, but I had to grab a few pieces the last time I was there. They always have some neat fabric designs and I just can't resist them... I already have an idea for a cute quilt using this fabric too! It also will be made with a Starmaker ruler by Kaye and that is a double plus in my book! I am also going to visit Kaye and do another class with her this next Wednesday... then the following week is the Phoenix Quilt, Craft and Sewing Festival. I think I shall be broke at the end of the month....

WhooHoo! I just noticed that this is post #100!

Happy Quilting, Sharon 
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" 
Certified Instructor since 2009

1 comment:

  1. Whoo Hoooo.....100 posts! Congrats girl! I know what you mean about the prices at the thrift stores....geesh!

    ReplyDelete