Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beautiful Day

This weekend is our Stake Conference. We have the privilege to have a General Authority speaking to us. It is interesting the message we were given last night. We discussed the 'The Family: A Proclamation to the World" For those that don't know about it, the First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has proclaimed what a marriage and family should be and how to conduct ourselves in this life to be able to live in the Celestial Kingdom after our death with our families.

I often wonder what prompts different talks or discussions. With this talk last night I think, Are there a lot of marital problems in our Stake? Is the Lord trying to stop marital problems in our Stake? Or is it just to strengthen strong marriages? I do know that it was a reminder to ME what I need to do keep harmony in MY house. That is not as easy as it seems!! Each morning I ask for help from the Holy Ghost for guidance through the day. I know if not for him I would not accomplish even half as much as I do. I am very thankful to be a member of this church. It helps to guide and direct me when I need it the most and that is everyday.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment