Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I found this on one of my forums and I just had to share.

Wash Day...........

Monday Wash Day
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and Vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility Through the week ahead.

Tuesday Ironing Day
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles Of prejudice I have collected through the years So that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday Mending Day
O God, help me mend my ways so I will not Set a bad example for others.

Thursday Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday Shopping Day
O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others In need of love.

Saturday Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly Love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday The Lord's Day
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please Come into my heart so I may spend the day and the Rest of my life in your presence.

I have much to be thankful for today since Judy & I were in an auto accident a short time ago. I do believe if another motorist hadn't honked her horn and alerted me of the oncoming car that we would be sitting in the hospital emergency room at this moment. If I had not hit the brakes the other auto would have slammed into the part of the car right where Judy & I were sitting. As it was it hit the front tire area, bent the tire and smashed the front end. We were sooooo very lucky. We even had a police officer witness the accident. Just a second after we were hit I looked up and saw a police cruiser with the lights on and she was pulling around us to alert other oncoming traffic. I didn't even have a chance to get my cell phone out of my pocket. We are both home and doing okay. I do have a splitting headache and a goose egg, but that is minor to what could have happened. I would really like to get some quilting done, but I know that if I try at this point I will just waste fabric by cutting the wrong size strip.

Happy quilting,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment