Friday, October 10, 2014

Day 10 of NaBloPoMo challenge!

I have to dedicate today's blog post to a "Happy Birthday, Grandma Garrett". She would be well over 100 as she was born in the late 1800's. Some time ago my husband and I were talking that we know people that lived in 3 centuries. Both of us have family that were born in the 1800's, we were born in the 1900's and grandkids that were born in both the 1900 and 2000's. I wonder what my great-great grandkids will think when they are living in the 2100's. I often wonder what I will be remembered for. I remember Grandma Garrett was a little woman with white hair braided and wrapped around her head, loved gardening and had beautiful flowers, lived in a huge old house with an outhouse not a bathroom, and a round kitchen table that always had a sugar bowl in the center. We use to visit on Sunday's and my mother use to take some of her flowers for her flowerbeds. We had some nice flowers around our house when I was growing up. 

What are your memories with your family that was born 2 centuries ago?

Until next time,
Happy Quilting, Sharon 
Permanent "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2013

Check out the other blogs in the NaBloPoMo 2014 Blogroll

1 comment:

  1. All of my grandparents were born in 1800's and both of my sons were born in 1900's and both of them got married in 2,000.
    Haven't every done a quilt.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete