Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good month this month!!

Since the first of 2009 I have set some goals. I named them goals because like so many others the resolutions just don't make it past day two of the New Year!!

I started out with clean and organize sewing room, sew tote swap, sew birthday blocks and sew calendar blocks. The blocks & tote are for different swaps I joined on my favorite quilting forum.

Well, I met most of these goals this month and added a couple UFO's (unfinished projects) and managed to attend a quilting class to the 'done' list too!! The sewing room was cleaned & organized the first week or so, fabric was bought for some of the birthday and all of the calendar blocks, one birthday block is done and the calendar blocks are started (I have to make 18 of them and it is slow going), the tote is done and on the way to it's new owner.

This week I finished 2 quilts. One I quilted and bound the other I just bound. You can find them on my site www.coyotequilts.com

The quilting class I attended was with Kaye Wood. She is a great quilter & she is in my neighborhood for the winter!!! She is offering classes to become a Certified Instructor for "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" and that is the class I attended. I really enjoyed my day with Kaye and Dottie. We learned how cut out 'topless triangles' and put them back together again to make Kaye's "Stacking My Blocks" wallhanging. I did get the top done, but have not gotten the chance to get it quilted. That will go on my February Goal list!!

Well, I am off to help my husband and then I will be able to hit the sewing room again and start on the blocks for my calendar swap.

Happy Quilting,
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment