Sunday, March 23, 2014

It is the end of this adventure and the start of another.

Almost 20 years ago I dragged my husband (then boyfriend) across the country from New York to start our new adventure in Arizona. Now we are starting another adventure. We are going to miss the many friends that we have made over these years, but look forward to meeting new ones. I love the thought of being closer to my daughter and family, but sad leaving a son and daughter and their families behind. The favorite haunts we go to time and again will be replaced with new haunts that we hope to find. I will miss the comfort of my job by knowing from one day to the next what is expected of me, yet looking forward to getting challenged with something different.

So, for now we sit in the middle of the mess called moving, awaiting our departure to our 'new adventure'. Every surface is covered with something that needs to be 'packed', but has yet to find a box. The spare bedroom is stacked with filled and taped boxes with more boxes laying on the floor waiting to get filled with little room left to fill them. The formal living room is full of  'garage sale', the garage is filled with car, garage sale and filled totes. Rugs are rolled up, closets are almost empty, kitchen is partially packed and it's hard to find a towel to dry anything. LOL! The only 2 rooms not really touched are (guess one :)), our bedroom and my quilting room.

Until next time,
Sharon

Happy Quilting, Sharon Permanent "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment