Friday, January 18, 2013

Here it is Friday already!

I can't believe I have not posted since Sunday... Part of that was because I needed to work on my computer. Remember the fun I had trying to post pictures awhile ago? Well, I 'turned off' some things I shouldn't have and I needed to find the 'fix', but that took time. Time was in short supply this week with me starting to work 12 more hours and it took until today to finally 'fix' what I 'broke' LOL! I think I have managed to get things back together like I want them. I also finished Carl's second caftan so that pushed other things down on the list. I'm sure glad I got them done because he hasn't been out of one or the other much since they came out of the sewing room.
 
I remember when we first got together (24 years ago in February, *gasp*) and I made him one of these caftans out of a really nice 'warm' fabric. Boy, was the fabric choice wrong back then..... He lived in shorts and t-shirts all year long (we lived in central NY at the time) and he never did wear it much. I finally put it in a box of stuff for donations about 4 or 5 years ago. Of course after his heart surgery his temperature regulator went on the fritz and he needed to have something warm to wear..... Now with the stroke he needs something even warmer, thus the new caftans. Every time he says to me, "I'm cold" we just chuckle. It wasn't that long ago I was putting my cold feet on him to get warm, now he does it to me.
 
I have started a new Facebook page for Coyote Quilts & Specialties and if you would be so kind to go on over and 'like' it I can get it going full steam. I am only lacking 6 'likes' to be able to get seen all over :)....
 
Ahhh..... the 'energy' thing....... Well, I have to say I did real well for spending more time at 'work' then I thought I would. It is amazing what an extra 12 hours at work can do to a gal.... I only had 1 night that the bed was calling me way to early and that may have been because I stayed up way to late a couple night reading (*grin) as well as working more......
 
Until next time,
 
Happy Quilting, Sharon
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment