Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lazy Tuesday!

How has everybody's day gone today? Mine went by pretty fast and I actually got a lot of paperwork done at work. So, that was a plus.... Tonight has been a lazy night with watching TV and playing on the computer.

I have been working on my quilting software by going through each lesson. I wasn't sure if I would really use it or not, but I am sure when I get use to it I shall use it. They have a new version out this year and that is what pushed me to try the older versions. If I didn't like it I wouldn't be out that much money. I may end up with the newer version at some point, but for now I am having fun!

This past weekend I managed to get about 1/2 of the pictures we took on vacation labeled. I haven't gotten them down loaded yet, so I can't post any. Some of them are a hoot! Yes, I shall post a couple silly ones of me....

Tomorrow shall be a run around day. There is an estate sale that starts a little before 8 AM that I think I shall visit. They have advertised LOTS of sewing 'stuff'. The person must have been either a quilter or a seamstress because one of the things they are selling is her Viking sewing machine. If memory serves me right I think it is an embroidery machine..... I don't want the machine, but I sure am interested in the 'other' stuff LOL! Like I need anything else! I just can't pass up a great deal on thread and notions, not to mention fabric..... Speaking of fabric Carl took me to Bob's Variety store in Sun City West this weekend and I picked up some nice pieces. Their sale price was $2.00 a yard! I couldn't walk away from that :). I also picked up some more of Eleanor Burn's 'Victory Quilts' fabric. I fell in love with the fabric when it came out, but I sure didn't like the price. Now, this is the only place I can find it and the price is great. I just may go back and pick up the rest that she has as time goes by. I have the book and may make a small project with some of it.

Well, my friends, I need to get some shut eye. I haven't been sleeping well the last couple nights and I do need my beauty sleep. Especially if I am to get my licks in with the other quilters in the area at that estate sale tomorrow......

Have a great night!

Happy Quilting, Sharon
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way"
Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment