Monday, June 20, 2011

Lazy Night!

How is everybody doing tonight? It is a lazy Monday night here. I have been surfing the net reading all of my quilt forums and seeing what trouble I can get into next :)
I have a grand-daughter that needs to have a quail stuffed animal for school next year (the school year starts in mid August around here). I did a little search tonight, but what I found was UGLY... really, really ugly! So if anybody has any ideas where we can find either a inexpensive ready made quail or a pattern please leave me a comment. I sure would appreciate it!
Other than playing on our Wii tonight I have been a computer potato, you know instead of a couch potato in front of the TV I have been a potato in front of the computer.
You remember the pictures of my tomato plants? Well, tonight we had BLT sandwiches with our own tomatoes! Boy, did they taste good! Next year we will have to start our plant earlier so maybe they will ripen sooner. There are a few more that need to ripen just a little bit more and we just may get to have another supper of BLT's. When I was a kid I would not touch a tomato. The only way I would eat them was in spaghetti, goulash, or sloppy joes. I still won't eat them just plain with salt, pepper and mayo on them like my Mom did. So, I guess I have 'grown up' a little by eating them in a sandwich of some sort. I remember my Mom frying green tomatoes every spring. All I can say about that is, "Yuck"!
Have a great week everybody! I am off to bed so I can be 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' for work tomorrow.

Happy Quilting, Sharon 
 "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment