Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Hump day!

It is a nice Wednesday night here. How is it in your neck of the woods? I know that this weekend it is suppose to get cold again. Not sure how cold, but colder than is normal around here.

Wickenburg is having their 'Gold Rush Days' this weekend and I think that we are going to go up and check it out. We have lived in AZ for 19 years this coming Thanksgiving and we have never been. Last year we were going to go, but something came up so we didn't. I really like Wickenburg and wish there was more work for us so we could live there, but that isn't going to happen.

I may get to work some more on the newest quilt. I already have another one floating around in my head so I need to get this one done fast. The next one will be for Carl in his 'western' room and I think I have a good idea for it. We bought a silhouette of several cowboys on horses and I am going to make a row by row wall hanging with it.

Tonight we are watching, 'Conagher'. It's a Louis L'Amour book made into a movie and has my very favorite actor and his side kick in it. Of course anybody that knows me already knows that my favorite actor is Sam Elliot and his side kick is Buck Taylor. I have met Buck Taylor several times at our western festivals and have a couple prints of his watercolor pictures. It's fun just standing around Buck's area and listen to him tell stories. Of course my favorite are the ones about Sam.....

Until next time,

Happy Quilting, Sharon "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment