Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Treasures from the past!

Recently I changed my computer desk area around and all of the papers that I haven't had the energy to take care of the past year or so finally managed to convince me to take care of tonight. 

I'm glad I wanted to sort instead of just tossing! My first surprise was the $21.00! that was wrapped in a receipt.




The second was as I was checking to make sure I didn't throw away any business receipts I started this pile of  receipts from Carl's chocolate milkshakes and ice cream. All of theses were great reminders of all the simple joy I was able to bring to Carl when I couldn't go inside and give him a hug. I can still see his smile when the staff handed him a shake or a pint of ice cream!



I also found a few old pictures while I was sorting. My very favorite one of Carl was taken on one of our trips to Niagara Falls, NY. I think it was taken the first year Kelly, Trebor and Spencer came out to spend the summer with us. What is surprising about it is he is clean shaven in this one. For most of our 32 years together he had either a moustache or beard and moustache so clean shaven was rare. I carried this one in my wallet for several years and that is where I found it when cleaning.





Great treasures with great memories!


Happy Quilting, Sharon 
Permanent "Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2013 
'Grand Ruler' instructor for Marti Michell since 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment