Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy Sunday!

How is everything going with everyone? We are still plugging along out here in warmville...

This past weekend we went to the Wild Western Festival.

 
We spent our 2 days in the 'information booth' talking with lots of people and seeing everybody come in the gates. We were not that far from one of the 'stages' and had a great time watching the 'shows'. One of them was 'Concho and Lee'.


All through the day Concho and Lee rode around the grounds, every once in awhile Concho would do some fancy foot work that was cool. What was really amazing was that you never saw Lee give Concho any commands. Concho was an old racehorse that was going to be destroyed when Lee bought him. Now Concho prances around showing off at western festivals.

We also had some of the best pulled pork tacos with cole slaw. I know it sound nasty, but it is really a great flavor combination.

The weekend before we went for a ride on a steamboat called 'Dolly'.


Silly me forgot to get a picture of the Dolly or the paddleboat while it was 'paddling'.

Our first sight was the big horned sheep.
 

Here is another picture to help you see what is there.


This is a close up of the lower left side of the big picture. When the captian told us they were there I was one of the first to spot them. After we saw some a couple years ago it was easy for me to spot them. You just have to look for the white spots :)...

The other part of the trip we saw a nest that the bald eagles have been using. The captain told us they watched a couple fledglings as the grew up and left the nest last year. He also said that they saw the parents back again just the day before. The crew spotted one of the bald eagles flying overhead, but I wasn't able to spot it.

Since the western festival I have been cleaning the house. Like normal when I am working on other things the house gets put on the back burner. I now have my sewing room cleaned up, Carl cleaned up the floors that were getting the best of us and now I have to get the wash done then I will be all caught up.
 
As usual I have a whole list of things that are on my 'to do' list. The first thing I need to do is to increase my supply of hanging kitchen towels.

The weekend of the 10th I am going to set up at a craft fair at one of the local schools. I am only going to take my towels this time because they are easier to load and unload. Of all the items that I make these usually sell the best.

I guess that is for now.
Until next time,

Happy Quilting, Sharon
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way"
Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment