Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Yesterday was my BIRFDAY! Yeah, that's how my daughter use to let me know at least a week ahead of time on her 'birfday!' Since she hit 30 I don't hear that as much, but I am old enough I can start saying it this way for myself LOL!
 
I was going to post yesterday, but I was just being lazy.... It was quiet except I had to work, but at least work was without any drama.
 
This weekend we will be going on a Dolly Steamboat nature cruise. They had a super deal on Groupon last August that we got in on. I have never been on a paddle/steam boat before so this shall be cool! Some years ago Carl got us tickets for a dinner cruise on Cayuga Lake in Ithaca, NY for my birthday. Well, with my birthday being in October and of course the weather starts to turn nasty and cold sometimes in the middle of September in central NY. Of course that year it had to go nasty early and we were out on Cayuga Lake in winter coats eating a fancy meal with me freezing my behind off. Can you imagine eating with winter gloves on? Back then the cold and I just didn't get along. All I really remember about that night was I couldn't wait to get back on land and get in the car. As I recall it did not have any or very little heat in the 'dining' area, it was after dark and the water was choppy. I'm sure I would go again, just not in October LOL!
 
So, this weekend is the Dolly cruise and next weekend is the Western Wild West Festival. We finally received a call on what we shall be doing as posse members. On Friday we will be in the 'souviner' booth and Saturday we will be in the 'information' booth. I am sure it is going to be a hoot! So if any of you are in the area and go, please be sure you stop on over and tell us 'Hi'....
 
Other than that we are doing just fine. Carl finally got his new phone today so now he won't be getting cut off, unable to hear you or not hear the phone ring or that message are coming in. You may have to call twice because neither one of us can figure out how to answer the silly thing ~~~ LOL!
 
Until next time,
 
Happy Quilting, Sharon
"Quilting the Kaye Wood Way" Certified Instructor since 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment