Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good Evening Everybody!

Lots going on lately. I had a lesson to teach in church this past week, grand-daughters birthday party and of course lots of quilts to sew and dream about.

I did finally finish the Princess quilt for the 'Princess'! Here it is.

I only put 3 borders on 3 sides. The top border is only the thin purple one. I also made a pillow case to go with it. The little miss was quite pleased with my efforts and that is what matters!

Yesterday I traced out a new pattern for pants for my darling husband for the western festivals that we both love to go to. I use Buckaroo Bobbins patterns and sometimes I have a dickens of a time getting them right. These patterns are suppose to be authentic patterns from the 'wild west' era. They are hand drawn and sometimes frustrating to figure out. A few years ago when we were living in our camper I made Carl a frock coat. That coat took me a month to finish and he looked really great in it. Wellllllll, now it swims on him since he lost so much weight. I guess I need to dig that pattern out as well. I know I will use a different lining this time around! I don't know what I was thinking when I used the same material for the lining as the coat itself. That coat is so heavy only a muscle builder can carry it. 


I am going to work on selling off some of my 'stuff'. I have so many sewing patterns that I have collected over the years that I don't use any more. I also have a few quilting things that I won't ever use so will be offering them up also. I am on a couple quilt forums and a sew it's for sale forum. I am debating on getting a Accuquilt GO!
so that I can cut quilt kits to sell. Then I will see about saving up for my Homesteader Quilter. I have been drooling over this machine for a long time, but every time it seems I may be able to get one something happens. I'm sure I'll get there someday, but for now my little system is much better than pushing a quilt through the machine by hand.

Well I am off to bed. Work comes way to early in the morning and I couldn't get back to sleep after I woke up at 5 this morning. Of course I didn't have to work and I really wanted to sleep in!

Happy Quilting, Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment