Saturday, July 31, 2010

Being bad tonight!

I have been sooooo bad this evening! After Carl came home from work we went to his favorite Chinese restaurant for supper.  They have a buffet and we can pig out all we want. After we pigged out we came home and I jumped on the computer. Well, one thing led to another and I found myself surfing for quilting blogs. So, two or more hours later I found a couple that do giveaways and decided to try for this one, 44th Street Fabric. You get extra chances if you put a link on your blog, so here I am. If you want to join in on the chance, just follow the link and the rules and you will have a chance or two to win also! The contest winner will be announced on August 2nd, so get over there quick!

Carl has to work tomorrow so I will be on my own in the morning. I haven't decided if I want to go on our weekly estate sale trip or stay home and sew. I do know that I need to finish my wash so we don't go naked next week!

Speaking of naked, it reminds me of a time when we were trying to teach our oldest grandson the alphabet and words. We play a game called 'The Alphabet Game' while driving. You start with 'A' and find a sign that has an word that begins with 'A', then say 'A is for whatever the word is'. Well, Ashton was on 'N' and when he found his 'N' he said, "N is for, Pa I don't know what that word is." Pa says, "Spell it for me." Ashton says, "N. U. D. E., what's that Pa?" He is told, nude. Next question, "What does nude mean?" Yep, you get the picture.

I am trying to get rid of some of my 'stuff'. You know the 'stuff' that you just had to have and never have had the time to do anything with. Well, I have lots of books, patterns and other goodies hanging around that I seldom look at or even use that I want to get rid of. I would rather have other quilting stuff that I just might use! Of course I went to a quilt shop sale the past 2 weekends and picked up some more fabric. Just what I needed, huh? Well, I did manage to get the material for Carl's 1800's shirt I need to make for him for the Western Film Festival the end of next month. He has shrunk so much everything is way to big on him so now he needs some new duds. I have his shirt 1/2 done and his pants cut out. I'd really like to get them done tomorrow, so that may be what I will do. I'll let you know how that goes, but for now I think I'll finish posting on 44th Street Fabric to get my chances to win that Moda Bake Shop gift pack.

Happy Quilting, Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment